I was surprised and delighted to learn I’ve been nominated for the One Lovely Blog Award by Schalk over at the One in a Billion Project. Specially as I’ve only been blogging for a month, I never expected any sort of recognition like this! My sincere thanks for the nomination, and I encourage you all to check out the One in a Billion Project. Lots of great advice on living a healthy, happy life.
Upon accepting the award, I’m now responsible to share seven things about myself, and nominate 15 other bloggers. So without further ado:
7 things about Gnomeland Gardens:
1) We called ourselves Gnomeland cause we’re forever building things that people do not expect to work.
2) Svea does most of the writing and has a hard time deciding whether she should write “we” or “I”
3) We wish we had more space for our hydro projects but will continue growing and sharing regardless. Maybe one day we’ll have a giant greenhouse.
4) Brian can make your computer appear possessed.
5) Svea has a tarsal coalition and fairly substantial bolts in one ankle.
6) Both of us love the Yukon but are deeply concerned about where we see it going. We wish more people were focused on sustainable living rather than pulling minerals out of the ground.
7) It’s surprisingly difficult to think up interesting things to say about oneself.
15 blogs worth reading (in no particular order):
1) http://curlymiri.wordpress.com To be honest I haven’t read a whole lot of this blog, but her most recent post on depression really hit home for me.
2) http://20four12.wordpress.com Cause I like books and men who love their wife & family.
3) http://witchofforestgrove.com/ So much witchy knowledge here!
4) http://helencousinsbotanics.wordpress.com/ Not updated very often, but absolutely amazing botany paintings!
5) http://acesflyinghigh.wordpress.com/ Cause I like airplanes.
6) http://waterlaborblog.wordpress.com/ Hydroponics non-profit trying to make the world a better place.
7) http://aquaponicfamily.wordpress.com/ Gorgeous aquaponic projects
8) http://uthamz.wordpress.com/ Pretty pictures!
9) http://manolosway.wordpress.com/ First person to ever follow my blog, thus providing great encouragement to keep writing.
10) http://clotildajamcracker.wordpress.com/ Makes me laugh -and- think!
11) http://stayathomescientist.com/ I learn a ton from this blog!
12) http://www.theangrytherapist.com/ Self-help that actually helps!
13) http://galadarling.com/ Cause she makes me smile.
14) http://www.afoolsjourney.com Daily Tarot pulls that speak to me.
15) http://web4deb.blogspot.ca/ Honorary chief gnome. This guy’s projects blow my mind.
I get that this is kind of weird & chain letter-esque, but I love the idea of spreading blogs worth reading. I’ve found some of my favourites through other people’s nominations, so just for today I’m going to set aside my inherent distrust of this sort of thing.